Saturday, March 26, 2005

1. Do you believe that Terri Schiavo should be allowed to die or that she should be kept alive?
The more I hear about this story, the more worried I get. What I find most disturbing is all of a sudden terry is trying to tell her family yesterday that she wants to live. Also, how about newer video footage, the stuff on the news is years old.

2. Has the Schiavo case made you take any action towards creating a living will of your own?
Hell, yeah

3. Let's forget what we know -- or more likely, what we think we know -- about Schiavo's condition. If you suffered a brain injury that would leave you in a non-responsive vegetative state (whether Schiavo is in this state or not) and your doctors said that there was so much brain damage that there would be no hope of recovery, would you want to be kept alive no matter what?
I have three children and a very loving supportive family. I think we should think in 3s. If I can breath on my own, but can't eat, keep me plugged in. If I can eat on my own, but can't pee, keep me plugged in. If I cannot eat, breath, or piss on my own, now we're getting serious, can I talk? Yes, than I will be cursing up a storm if you even try to unplug me.

4. Has anyone outside of your immediate family ever asked you to be their "personal representative" to make such a decision on their behalf if they ever suffer a severe injury? Do you think you could really make the decision?
I have a son whom we really do not know what is wrong with him who experienced very severe seizures when he was younger, and a daughter that has had 2 open heart surgeries in 5 years. I am their representative. Medical is not synomous with miracle.

5. Do you have a special outfit ready for Easter Sunday? Does your family have any special Easter traditions?
Yes, I have a special outfit, we try to hook up with friends.

6. What room of your house is the absolute messiest? Would you ever let a house guest see it?
I have three kids, they are all the messiest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home