Saturday, August 13, 2005

100 or so Things About Me

  1. I am a Taurus, and if you don't know it within 10 minutes of meeting me, well, you're pretty slow on the uptake.
  2. I was born on Long Island, New York, and am still in the process of growing up.
  3. I fear I look more and more like my mother every year.
  4. I remember my favorite color being orange as a young child, then I changed it to blue, because it was my mother's. Now it is green.
  5. I have taught myself to crochet, and I am almost good at it.
  6. I would like to refer to myself as 'writer' or 'author' when asked what I do, but feel that is a lie until I am published AND paid.
  7. I actually queried an agency and they were interested in my proposal, but I dropped the ball.
  8. I drop the ball often.
  9. When the agency expressed interest I was very excited, and P sent me flowers at work to encourage me not to drop the ball, they were yellow roses.
  10. I love to write, but am afraid to share, because once it's out there you can't take it back.
  11. When P goes away I send 1 letter for every 3 I write. Same rule applied when my brother was in Iraq.
  12. I am not a girly-girl, but I love roses, especially yellow.
  13. I am more girly than I let on.
  14. I love Mustangs, and would sell a kidney for a 2005 GT, but until I get an offer I am content to drive my 2000 non-GT.
  15. I think my Mustang is a stationwagon.
  16. My other car is an Explorer, the first time I had 3 carseats lined up in the backseat I cried.
  17. I don't cry a lot on account I am emotionally constipated.
  18. I have been in two accidents, both in my first Mustang, a 1993 LX. The first one I was rear ended in NY, the second I rear ended someone in CA.
  19. I drive crazy, everyone else drives stupid, there is a difference.
  20. I am about 1/3 of the way through an Airframe/Power Plant license (Aircraft Mechanic), but I will likely never finish it.
  21. I am a Licensed Pharmacy Assistant in Washington. It would cost $50 to become a Technician, which would increase my wage a few dollars.
  22. I am a stay-at-home mom, I don't know how long this will last.
  23. My last job was at a regional airport, I pumped fuel and I loved it, it was physically demanding (sometimes) and mentally exhausting (all of the time).
  24. I met a lot of interesting people, most thought I was a bimbo and there solely for decoration.
  25. I worked with all men, except for a receptionist and another woman, Shawna who worked opposite shifts from me, in a very sexist environment. If the company was larger, I probably would have sued them.
  26. I almost blew up my car once, and if I did, I would have blown up a hangar full of airplanes, too.
  27. I was let go two weeks before I was leaving anyway, this was horrible, because it was around the Xmas holiday, and I could have used the money.
  28. Shawna was let go shortly after me.
  29. I miss my job at the airport, because it got me out of the house and interacting with people, I love airplanes, and it was my muse.
  30. I am not afraid to fly, I am afraid of heights and falling from said heights.
  31. One day I will overcome this fear and learn to fly.
  32. While working at the airport, I flew in a Piper Warrior and a 150 flown by my friend, and an experimental plane flown by a 3 star Air Force General.
  33. This same general helped me to get on base for my brother's return from Iraq. He also arranged for VIP seating. Unfortunately, even though we thought we were 2 hours early, we were actually 3 hours late.
  34. I was in the Navy for 14 months.
  35. During bootcamp you were not supposed to carry anything in your pockets except your ID card, I carried a bottle of eye drops for my contact lens in my sock and a picture of the guy I went to my prom with in my shirt pocket.
  36. I was desperately in love with him at the time, I don't think he had a clue.
  37. I got to go on a Mediterranean Cruise for 6 months, I saw Spain, France, Greece, and Italy.
  38. During this trip I played a D&D game called Magic:The Gathering, now I abhor D&D games.
  39. I think authentic Italian food is watery, and would rather eat at an Italian restaurant in New York.
  40. While in Italy, I signed up for a trip to ski in the Austrian Alps. I almost killed myself. I also went on a trip to Pompeii.
  41. While on liberty I drank a lot. Once I puked in the Captain's Gig. She actually had been waiting for it, and was not happy.
  42. I joined the Navy to be an Aircraft Mechanic, and hoped to be an Aircrew member.
  43. Because I took my contacts out right before my eye exam I failed it.
  44. I became a Damage Controlman instead.
  45. I was kicked out of the Navy, but usually say "I was invited to leave", because it makes me feel better.
  46. The reason I was FINALLY "invited to leave" was because I went UA.
  47. I drove from South Carolina to California and got married.
  48. The drive took 3 1/2 days.
  49. We would have been married 11 years this September (2005), if we had not taken a sabbatical for a year.
  50. By sabbatical I mean we were divorced.
  51. We just remarried in June(2005).
  52. I hit on him first.
  53. We were certain we had met each other before, but we couldn't figure out where, so we decided it must have been a Taco Bell on 25A.
  54. We grew up about 20 miles from each other in NY, but met at a Naval training Facility in CA.
  55. I have lived in a single wide trailer.
  56. I have worked at the only Dunkin' Donuts in South Carolina.
  57. I have worked at McDonald's twice, both times while going to college.
  58. I have about 20 college credits.
  59. I know just enough about everything to dangerous.
  60. I'm smarter than I act, but dumber than I think.
  61. I tried out for Teen Jeopardy when I was 12. I didn't make it.
  62. I have 3 kids, 2 are March babies and the other is a December baby. Two were conceived shortly after a major moves.
  63. All my children were born in different states.
  64. I think one day I might like another baby.
  65. I am always up for another puppy.
  66. I pretend I am not a cat person.
  67. My daughter is a girly-girl, and this scares the shit out of me.
  68. It disturbs me that my daughter likes Care Bears, and I pray Smurfs are not resurrected.
  69. To wind down I watch war movies.
  70. I love to read and generally read 2-3 books concurrently.
  71. I read Gone With the Wind in 6th grade.
  72. I read all the Left Behind books, but thought the writing was horrible.
  73. I feel that the death of my paternal grandmother profoundly changed my life.
  74. I have several categories of best friends.
  75. The geographically closest best friend I met because her son bit my daughter at preschool.
  76. The geographically furthest best friend I met through P, she is married to a friend of his. She introduced me to cloth diapers and breast feeding. She is better known as The Good Twin.
  77. I cloth diapered my first two exclusively, and breastfed the last two exclusively.
  78. My first had a bad suck reflex because of his neurological problem.
  79. My last didn't get cloth diapers, because they were accidentally thrown out during a move.
  80. We have made two cross country moves.
  81. The doctors tell me my oldest had a stroke in utero, they do not know why.
  82. He is visually impaired, for two years we were raising him as a blind child. He was learning Braille.
  83. I had an ultrasound at 6 months and was very excited to be having a girl.
  84. My daughter has a genetic disorder, called DiGeorge Syndrome.
  85. It is rare, but I know 2 families within a mile of my house that have kids with DiGeorge.
  86. My daughter did not inherit the disorder from me or my husband.
  87. I was "struck by lightening" twice.
  88. I loved my daughter, but did not allow myself to be in love with her until she was several weeks old.
  89. I have gone home from the hospital twice without my babies.
  90. My middle guy was under a bilirubin light for a week.
  91. My daughter hung out in a NICU in another state.
  92. I had my appendix out when I was three months pregnant with my middle guy.
  93. My favorite TV show right now is Rescue Me.
  94. I used to watch Denis Leary on HBO when I babysat as a teenager, I had the biggest crush on him.
  95. My favorite PC games are The Sims. I have The Sims 2 and the University Expansion, but it keeps crashing, so Maxis can kiss my keaster.
  96. I once was an Umberchristian, but now I'm not. It's amazing how little it takes to throw away your faith.
  97. I've always been a quitter, so I'll stop now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Technews
Aside from digital cameras being part of our mobile phones, another interesting feature on the ... Blog-O-Rama Being an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) can be a lonely and terrible one.
Nice blog site, really cool!

I have a Craftmade Ceiling Fan site/blog. It pretty much covers Craftmade Ceiling Fan related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great! Your Blog has been bookmark!

home line of credit
home line of credit related stuff. Check it out if you have the time :-)

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the "good twin" love # 77
good job on the blog keep it going

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home