Friday, September 02, 2005

Round One- Judith-1, Paint-0


Here are some before and after shots of my home improvement projects.

So far, I have cleaned the walls, filled the holes and chips, and then, I sanded the filler. Finally, this afternoon threw on the first coat of paint.

It's kind of hard to see the difference in the pics, other than the doors, but believe me, it's a beautiful difference. What the TSP couldn't get off, the paint covered nicely. The walls went from an old off white to a bright white. It was really a pain gauging the coverage, but I managed.

I'm thinking tomorrow afternoon, I'll inspect to see what areas are obviously in need of special attention, then slap on another coat.

After I am through with the white, I will then be taping off a line about mid wall, where the border will be. From the border marker down I will then be taping off stripes. These stripes will be orange, green, and blue, maybe red. The upper area of the walls will stay pretty much stay white with some orange stenciled stars. The far wall (not pictured), the upper area will be painted blue and I will paint some constellations on it in the secondary colors.

The border I keep mentioning is a Jimmy Neutron in a rocket. I will also be placing shelves a foot down from the ceiling. The outside closet door, may or may not, be fitted with a cork board or a chalk board.

So, anyway, that is my plan. Right, now I have to make due with only the white, at least until next payday, which is mostly good, so I pace myself. BTW, payday was yesterday...LOL...
And...I guess, I didn't get out completely unscathed...

1 Comments:

Blogger carmilevy said...

Hi Judith. Wow, you're seriously handy! And, no, I won't try to sell you any spam-related silliness like the previous two spam-posters.

Dropped in from Michele's tonight. Looking forward to reading more!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home