Monday, August 15, 2005

Nuclear Options

Okay, is it just me, or is this new catch phrase getting rather irksome.

The first time I recall hearing it was during Senate Judical Nominations. It was meant to block the philbusters, or something like that, it really wasn't clear.One of the Koreas had just backed out of Six Party Nuclear talks, talk about confusing.

On the news just this morning, they were talking about another nuclear option, I can't remember which. I know we're not in the middle of the Cold War, but tossing around the word nuclear is starting to make me nervous.

The term nuclear family doesn't bother me, however, nuclear option for some reason, being the obscure term that it is does. At least I am starting to understand the context under which the term is used-mostly as a threat.

Clean your room, or I will have to consider the nuclear option.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home