Thursday, August 18, 2005

Don't Feed the...AAAAAAAhhhhhhh


Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know they're cute. You know what they're freakin' adorable. But don't be fooled, these cuties are the same cuties that create mass confusion and mayhem wherever they go!

Don't feed the bears, yeah, whatever! Do not look these children in the eye! They can smell fear.

Any shopping excursion that begins with,"If you can behave in Safeway, Mommy'll buy you M's." will end in horribly.

Usually with Miss B cheeping (yes, my daughter does not speak, she cheeps, for real, no fooling, do you seriously think I would KID about something like this!), "Mommy, if I'm good I get candy". "I get candy if I'm good." "Mommy, I'm good, I want Ms."

She cheeps this over and over again, it's like a subliminal message, I actually start to believe that all is well. It wasn't she that dropped a 5 pound jar of Mayonnaise in the middle of Freddy's. That my entourage had nothing to do with the toppling of cans at the end of aisle 5.

Yes, yes, I know I should not set myself up for failure, but inevitibly they sense my desperation, I just want milk for my coffee, people! But they feed off the fear.

In the end, I pay for three boxes of SuperHyper O's that I didn't put in the cart and a two liter bottle of SugarUp soda, that magically appeared, as well. It takes the ride home to realize she was running interference. I sigh, and smile, my children are finally learning cooperation.

I shared a shopping experience with you yesterday, it was actually a mild one, I invite you to share with my today!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that "subliminal message" is that what that is? All these years i thought it was just whining and nagging.
----the good twin

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that "subliminal message" is that what that is? All these years i thought it was just whining and nagging.
----the good twin

11:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I love it! Although ... I've had my days of shopping with my 4 year old that I detest. Not getting the car with the car has caused major meltdowns.

Michele sent me!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home