Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Prompt from Life's Laundry

( http://lifeslaundry.blogs.com/ )

What surgeries have you had?

In 1998, half way through the summer semester, I was struck down by appenditis (?). This would probably not have been a big deal, except I had actually made it back to college. At the time I was struggling through algebra, because I never did my homework, and english lit, because my liberal teacher had an interesting way interpreting the classics. I was also working at McDonald's, because although I was able to pay for school, daycare was killing me!

As luck would have it, I was also two or three months pregnant with baby number two. It was a very scary time for me, at first they didn't know what was wrong with me, because the baby was not cooperating during my multiple exams. Finally, the docotrs had an "Ah ha" moment, and I was rushed into surgery.

A few days after the surgery I thought I had lost the baby, because I was shedding hair like crazy, a postpartum occurance after having my first, due to hormonal changes. I was still very much expecting, but was not out of the woods yet, pregnancy certainly complicated things. I was very uncomfortable and had become very dehydrated, so a week after surgery I was again rushed to the emergency room.

However, for all the fear, counteracted by prayer, in December a beautiful baby boy was delivered with ten fingers and ten toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home